Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Go Away

A long time ago...


It Remains.

I thought it would go away. No, that's not true. I hoped it would go away. That it would fade and diminish and slowly go away. Slowly be forgotten.

I hoped in the same way that a man - probably desperate and hungry and down to his last ten dollars - hopes to win the lottery. In all his logic and reason, he understands the odds of winning. Understands that it's a lost cause. That it ain't gonna happen.

Yet he buys the ticket. He buys it still. He buys it because that's his only shot - his only way out.

I have distractions. Work. Rome. Travel. Friends. Chiara D. Chiara P. Costanza. Italian. History. Drinking.

Yea...I have all the distractions a man could ask for. Sometimes, they are enough. Sometimes It decides to rest. To go sit in the corner and not disturb.

But that does not last.

No comments: