Sunday, September 11, 2005

Placing Blame

Today is September 11. I'm sure everyone who writes "blogs" is writing about this unforgettable moment in our country's history. It's difficult to forget.

Looking back, I am reminded of the pure rage that I felt that day. I woke up to the first tower burning in the sky. And then the second being pierced by an airplane - as if a knife were flying into its heart.

Back then, no one was criticizing political policies, or reaction times to national crises. Now, there are countless people - sitting on couches, making peace signs with their fingers - throwing blame everywhere they can find someone they don't like. It's sad, really. And the best part of it is, is that none of them have any answers. They can criticize and crap about issues all hours of the day, but none of them have any better solutions. Oh sure, some will say "Get out of Iraq!" or "Rely more on diplomacy!" That's all well and good - but are those answers??

How do you reason with the modern bad guys of the world? I don't know - that's why I don't throw blame everywhere I can find. I read a blog somewhere this morning where a guy was blaming Religion - of all things. I mean, good grief - if you actually want to blame religion, then perhaps you should read the teachings of those religions. I'm fairly certain the Bible doesn't advocate killing innocent civilians. Or suicide bombings. I can't speak for Islam or Buddhism or any number of other religions. But Christianity is not at fault - so therefore, religion as a whole is not at fault. That's a narrow-minded point of view.

Anyway - 9/11. Watching some specials on T.V. late last night, a feeling rose up inside me that almost overwhelmed me. I had a desire to go man up with Al-Zarqawi. Just me and him - with nothing but our fists as defense against the other. Beating the living shit out of him, until he was an inch from his life, would have brought me great pleasure. For all the innocent people he has killed and the pure chaos he is trying to bring out for no other reason than the chaos itself.

And then I was brought to tears as I watched replay after replay of the planes flying into the towers. Those hijackers deserved to die. And all the men who were involved in bringing that tragedy to the light of day deserve to die as well. Actually, they deserve to be tortured and tortured and tortured some more. And then killed.

Listen, I'm just as much of an idealist as anyone. But idealism is impossible in a situation like this. Drastic times call for drastic measures. My prayers are with all those families that lost on September 11, 2001. May the United States of America bring justice to those men that committed that great atrocity.

2 comments:

S.Demotion said...

Youre right no religion is really responsible, I can say as a Muslim, that we dont. Certainly none do. If they did, billions of people wouldn;t follow them. September 11 was terrible but there are other places where these things happens almost on a daily level. Just like you feel rage at times, those people's rage is used by manipulators to gain vengeance. In the end we all kill each other and the government jsut takes what it wants. I know there are good americans who dont buy the goverment's crap. The fact is there are too many deaths caused by the USA throughout history, and the goverment reamains arrogant. If we want to solve our problems, we need to admit our faults. No one deserves to die, in whatever country. So dont be in rage, UNDERSTAND,that the USA has killed and murdered throught history as well, otherwise we will all always be mad with each other-which is what the government wants. What I'm saying is no can apply standards and then not live upto them..thats a phony...you've read catcher you know what I mean?

J C said...

hey man, i am under no delusions about America being perfect. my country is not. but neither does America kill people out of hatred. we may wage war for retribution, or any number of other reasons. but note that they are REASONS - and they are not taken lightly. any war we engage in, likewise, is done under the Rules of War. our military wears uniforms. our military does its damndest to not kill civilians. i cannot say the same for these terrorists.

i'm not sure if you're trying to knock my country - but if you are - don't.

and actually - some people DO deserve to die. al zarqawi sure as hell does. i have no qualms about saying that.

having said that - i respect you as a Muslim and i give you the benefit of the doubt - that you condemn these acts being made in the name of your religion. just as i would if they were being made in the name of Christianity.

i don't have the answers to all of this. but something has to change. someone has to do something.