Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I have no idea what I've gotten myself into, but a big "Thank You" goes out to all of you that have given support and words of wisdom.

I leave Thursday at 2:20 p.m. and I honestly don't know what to do.

There is a massive struggle going on inside this mind and body of mine. It's like one of those huge battle scenes in Braveheart or Gladiator - the mass of men from opposite sides of the field rush towards each other, colliding in one big wave at the center.

"Don't go...back out. Sure, you're out eight hundred bucks, but it's a helluva lot safer than going over there. You're crazy for thinking this will work. You can't do it - you don't have what it takes."

"Man, this is gonna be the best. You're gonna have a load of fun and you're doing something that you'll likely never be able to do again. Everyone who knows you're doing this has expressed their desire to do something similar - how cool it is - and how much they admire you for doing it. Take advantage. You can do it - you have what it takes."

The dialogue just keeps getting louder and louder. Deafening, almost.

I'm cutting internet service off tomorrow, so no more posts. Maybe for a while. But I'll be back...somewhere on the opposite end of this.

Thank You, again.

2 comments:

morbid misanthrope said...

I'll be uncharacteristically optimistic and serious for a moment here. Everything will work out great for you, man. Honestly, you have guts for doing this, and I think it's really going to pay off for you. Stay positive. Go over there and enjoy the hell out of it, so to speak.

I've enjoyed reading your posts, and I look forward to hearing how things turn out for you. I wish you nothing but the best.

S. said...

Good luck and bonne soir. "This is your life, are you who you wanna be?"