Monday, December 12, 2005

Movie Trivia

Below is a quote from one of my favorite movies. It's one that I often forget about, but literally every time I come across it on T.V. - I can't pass it by.

It is a wonderful tale of a luminous man following his dreams despite the most crippling of setbacks. Full of imagery. My dad introduced me to this film and I will surely introduce it my son - whenever he comes along.

Let's see who can guess the title...


“Ya know...my mother told me I outta be a farmer.”

“My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.”

“Well, you’re the best one I ever had.
And you’re the best damn hitter I ever saw.

Suit up.”

7 comments:

The Doctor said...

Sounds like The Natural to me. It does the same thing to me. Makes me wish I could play still...

morbid misanthrope said...

I'm stumped. I haven't seen very many sports-related movies. The only sport I care about is Jeopardy.

J C said...

dennis - good guess my friend. it was on again tonite on AMC - it makes me stop in my tracks, EVERY time.

morbid - (in my very best tony kornheiser voice, from PTI on ESPN) "Jeopardy ain't NO STINKIN SPORT!!!"

although it is addictive, i've never been much of a fan

i'd recommend pickin up "The Natural" sometime - great flick

S. said...

Puts me in mind of Rudy: "You're five foot nothin, you weigh a hunnert and nothin...." But we already had that talk, didn't we?

J C said...

JT - don't worry, i fully expected no one to have a clue...

steven - definitely, i love movies like that

Christa said...

Field of Dreams?

Christa said...

oh, BTW, I'm turning this into a game. See if you can figure out mine.