Saturday, May 20, 2006

This Day

The ever-insightful JT got me thinking with this post of hers.
Here are my thoughts (well, copied from a book, but whatever)...

"I will live this day as if it is my last.

This day is all I have and these hours are now my eternity. Today I shall embrace my woman with sweet kisses; tomorrow she will be gone, and so will I. Today I shall lift up a friend in need; tomorrow he will no longer cry for help, no will I hear his cries.

I will live this day as if it is my last.

And if it is my last, it will be my greatest monument. This day I will make the best day of my life. This day I will drink every minute to its full. I will savor its taste and give thanks.

I will live this day as if it is my last.

And if it is not, I shall fall to my knees and give thanks."

2 comments:

morbid misanthrope said...

I live every day as if it's my last, because, quite frankly, it could be. If I'm not getting attacked by ninjas, my liver is giving out. I swear, even the toughest humans die so easily.

AristoNeeks said...

maybe youre my soulmate?

either way, i agree with you and feel the way you do.

i also feel like im dying a day at a time. *wasting away*

if i died today, id gaze down at my lifeless body [assuming the movies didnt lie about people becoming ethereal in the "afterlife"], and think:

"what a f*cking waste."