Tuesday, May 02, 2006

You wanna hear a heartbreakingly beautiful song??

Check out James Blunt's "Goodbye My Lover"

And that's no exaggeration - it is beautiful - so beautiful that my heart aches when I hear it. Yet I can't listen to it enough.

It's interesting to realize who you think about when you hear it. Maybe a wife or a husband. Maybe a boyfriend. Maybe a lost love. Maybe an Ex.

I know who I think about.

It must mean something significant...thinking of a certain person when you hear a song like that. One of the verses is "I'd be the father of your child".

Guys - how many women would you say that to? How many of the women throughout your entire life would you say those words to?

Three?
One?
None??

I'm not sure what my answer would be, honestly. Some days it might be None. Some days...it might actually be Three.

Anyway...enough of this. Go find the song. Listen to it. Tell me what you think.

(This is right up your alley, Morbid)

7 comments:

morbid misanthrope said...

I don't need to be the father of anyone's children, I'll tell you that.

I heard the song, and it's not really my thing. Although, with that melody, I can see how it appeals to people.

You should check out "The Discipline of Revenge" by Cannibal Corpse. Why? Shit, it's just a kick-ass song.

J C said...

haha....i hear ya on not needing to be a father. you and me both, right now anyway. i fully expected it to not be your thing...but a group like "cannibal corpse" - now that sounds about right

anyway, thanks for indulging me

S. said...

Mr. Holden, sir, you certainly are a romantic--and that's okay. But do you have another secret blog somewhere where you write about war and death and pestilence and cowboys and army men and football and bugs and snails and puppy dog tails?

'Cause I know it's in there....

J C said...

haha...you know it steven. i keep 2 separate identities, that's all.

perhaps i'll write a post about all the OTHER things in my life besides being a romantic...

The Doctor said...

Steven, maybe J and Morbid are the same person! That would explain a lot...

S. said...

Awesome. You know, I never have seen the two of them together--come to think of it. (Maybe me and you are ... no, I'm pretty sure...)

The songs are here:

http://www.sunny99.com/cc-common/stripped/jamesblunt/

S. said...

Okay, I listened. How does anyone sing that high? But, sure, great songs. Recently--at my son's fifth birthday of all things--I kept hearing this song over and over. Finally I mentioned it and my wife explained she had set it to repeat. It was Blunt's YOUR BEAUTIFUL. Women do like hearing that. Literally.

But the goodbye song is just okay; It was just okay for me dawg. I mean, you did your thing and all, but I dunno, I mean, there's just a whole lotta great goodbye songs out there--it's hard to make something new that can compete with all the great goodbyes already on the market. That's my thought from the dawg pound. I'm just keepin it real, y'know?